Webinar: Preventing Suicides and Eliminating Ligature Risk in 2019
PRINT THIS PAGE
| RETURN TO ARTICLE
August 1, 2019
Presented on: Tuesday, September 10, 2019
1:00-2:30 p.m. Eastern
Register at: https://hcmarketplace.com/suicides-and-ligature-risk
Presented by: Jennifer Cowel, RN, MHSA, CEO, Patton Healthcare Consulting Inc.
CMS and accrediting organizations are increasing the pressure on hospitals to better identify patients at risk for suicide and to mitigate or even eliminate ligature risks in facilities. This pressure includes more frequent threats to accreditation. What’s changed in 2019, and what hospitals can do to meet expectations and avoid immediate jeopardy? This webinar will include a rundown of the new expectations outlined in Joint Commission FAQs, provide examples of problems identified in actual CMS and Joint Commission surveys, and photos of problems seen and solved.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Address concerns outlined in new or revised Joint Commission FAQs
- Address concerns set out by CMS in recent surveyor memos
- Evaluate their suicide prevention program and ways to improve
- Identify ligature risk and other physical patient harm problems
- Describe CMS and TJC expectations at their facilities
- What’s at risk?
- What’s changed?
- Most pressing problems identified in hospitals
- How to meet physical ligature requirements
- How to meet suicide prevention expectations
- Evaluating your program—how to improve
- How to show your work
- What’s on the horizon?
- Photographic examples of problems and solutions
- Checklists for policies, room ligature checks